Why Consider THD?
- Minimally invasive – home in hours
- No tissue is cut or removed
- Minimal discomfort
- Back to full activity inside of 4 days
What is THD?
THD (TransHemorroidalDearterialization) uses a precise technology with suture to reduce the excess arterial flow causing your symptoms. THD addresses this component with a nonexcisional suture technique. Patients typically return to full activity inside of 4 days!
THD: What Can I Expect?
- THD is a less traumatic and less invasive surgical treatment for hemorrhoids that has been shown to cause less pain and discomfort than other surgical procedures.
- The THD procedure does NOT not involve surgical removal of the hemorrhoidal tissue, which can be traumatic, very painful, and have a long recover period of 2-3 weeks.
- THD is a proven technology with over 20,000 cases performed annually. THD devices are FDA approved.
- The THD technique preserves tissue which greatly reduces pain and allows for normal postoperative anal function.
- THD can be performed easily in the outpatient setting.
- With THD, the patient can go home a few hours after the procedure and can resume normal activities within 4 days!
- For more information, please contact us at 602-547-3300.
- 50% of adults suffer with symptomatic hemorrhoids.
- Over time, hemorrhoids can engorge or become inflamed, causing bleeding, swelling, and pain.
- If not properly treated, the condition can recur or even worsen.
- Hemorrhoidal disease typically involves either swollen blood vessels or prolapsed tissue and often BOTH.
- Hemorrhoids must be surgically removed, right? THD uses a precise technology with suture to reduce the excess arterial flow causing your symptoms.
- Prolapsed tissue must be excised/cut out. THD addresses this component with a nonexcisional suture technique.
- Recovery is painful and can take 3 weeks. THD patients typically return to full activity inside of 4 days!
Dr. Johnny Serrano can provide a treatment option that treats the root cause of symptomatic hemorrhoids.
Call 602-547-3300 to set up a Free Consultation
Precision Surgery, inc.
Dr. Serrano F.A.C.O.S